Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

My Green Progress..And a quick life update!

These past few month's have been quite a roller coaster. With numerous tests and doctors appointments and feeling downright awful. Luckily about four weeks ago I finally received an answer! After receiving test results I was diagnosed with Celiac's Disease..an autoimmune disease in which the body attacks the small intestines when gluten is consumed. Since then I have had to remove gluten from both my diet and some personal care products. Luckily for me some of the natural brands I have already transitioned over to..just happen to be gluten free! ;)

On that note I wanted to give a quick update on my Green (and now Gluten Free) progress!


Products Transitioned over to Natural:

Toothpaste: My favourite brands are Green Beaver and Redmond Clay Earthpaste! Green Beaver carries a wide variety of toothpaste flavours all of which are Gluten Free and Flouride Free!

Deodorant: My current favourites are Lavanila and Crawford Street (Canadian Brand)

Mouthwash: My current favourite is by the brand Desert Essence. I love it because it is not only natural but gluten free and safe for those with Celiacs according to their Website.

Conditioner: I just finished my last bottle of non natural conditioner and I am currently testing out a conditioner by the brand Green Bubbles. Leave me a comment if you would be interested in a review on this or any other product listed in this post).

Lipbalm: My favourites are by the brand Green Beaver.  Like with the toothpastes they come in a wide variety of flavours! Also be sure to check the brand out on Well.ca often Well carries a combo pack at discount for a tube of their amazing toothpaste and the coordinating lip balm.

Lipbalm with SPF: I am currently testing out a lipbalm with SPF by Green Beaver. Previously I had been attempting to use up a non natural lip balm by Softlips. (Which was amazing by the way) As I was diagnosed with Celiac's disease I was not entirely sure if Softlips were Gluten Free and thus I decided not to take the risk and purchase a option I knew would be safe. The poor Softlips has met it's end at the bottom of the trash can and now I am proud to say I am now completely Natural with my SPF Lip Balm and Non SPF Lipbalm!

Lipstick, Lipgloss & Lipstain: Seeing as my lipstick collection is beyond massive normally this would have taken years! But thanks to my Celiacs Disease I can no longer use any of my non natural Lipsticks, Lipglosses and Lipstain. (Can we please have a moment of silence for my poor beautiful lipstick collection?) I am currently using lipstick and lip stain from Silk Naturals. Their lip products (according to their site) are gluten free. My only complaint about the lipsticks are the packaging. As a self declared "Lip Junkie"  I am seriously missing the traditional lipstick tube packaging because I am picky like that. I do LOVE their price point and the products work well but upping the packaging would bring their lipsticks to a whole other level of awesomeness!


Next  Targets:

Shampoo: I am aiming to switch over my Shampoo to an all natural brand which is also gluten free. This may take a while I still have 1 massive bottle to finish up! :S

Shave Cream: I still have to finish up 2.5 bottles of shaving cream with nasty chemicals before I can switch over.

What are your favourite shave cream and shampoo brands that are natural?



Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment