Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

REVIEW: Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation

Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation
Companies Description

"Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation delivers flawless, natural-looking coverage that lasts, while the skintuitive™ formula invigorates skintone and texture for a youthful complexion. Powered by Amazonian clay enriched with the earth’s natural, light-reflecting gemstones, this talc-free, moisture-rich powder buffs on smoothly for waterproof, 12-hour coverage that won’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Available in an array of shades to perfectly complement a wide range of skintones and undertones, this innovative foundation also employs a custom mesh delivery system for a fool-proof, mess-free application every time. "




Availability: Available on the the Tarte Website or on Sephora
Price: 43$ Canadian(On Sephora)

Packaging:  9/10

The packaging for this product is quite neat. The product is held in by a pantyhose like netting. I really love this design feature as it help to ensure little product is lost. I only gave this a 9 however because when there is only a little product left it is hard to reach it with the brush ( I'll get into that later though!).

Quality: 9/10

The product seem to weared quite well on me. I think it is very buildable but do not expect full coverage. Everyone's opion will differ on the coverage delivered but I would label this as a medium coverage foundation. As  I have mentioned before I have combination skin. I get oily on the chin and jawline  and dry on the cheeks and forehead. This is not a full coverage product so if you do have problem skin or a zit may need to also wear concealer. I personally don't find I need too except for under the eyes. This product does an amazing job of reducing redness and I love that it still looks like skin. The colour match (Fair Honey) is a great  match for my skin tone. The ingredients are not the most natural but are better than average! Since I have Celiacs I also love that this is gluten free so I do not have to worry about getting any in my mouth and winding up sick!

After 4 hours of wear:


ABOVE: Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation, No Consealer, Mascara and Silk Naturals Lipstick in Wham.


Ease of Use: 8/10

This product was quite easy to use.I used my Tarte Airbuki brush to apply the foundation to my face and it worked magnificently! I simply pushed the brush down into the netting slightly and gave it a tap before dabbing it onto my face. The only case where I ran into difficulty was when I had only a teaspoon left in the jar. In order to get the product near the end of its life cycle was to tip it upside down while holding the brush over the mesh.


Price: 6/10

The price is a little steep for the amount of product received. That being said the foundation did last me quite a while(I am almost done and have another waiting for me when I'm done;)) and I love the colour match!



Final Grade:  A

No comments:

Post a Comment