Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

#NoBuySeptember



After watching @thegirlinspired ‘s July Favourites and spending a little more than I had hoped on gluten free replacement lipstick to feed my lipstick addiction I decided it was time to get my spending in check. This September I have decided to embark on my own “No Buy” (It’s fast approaching ahhhh!!!).  While reading @thegirlinspired’s blog, I especially thought keeping track weekly of her struggles via her blog as well as keeping track of the savings was ingenious and motivational! As such, I will be taking her lead when embarking on my own “No Buy” this September.


Let the challenge begin!    ...    I am already seeing some obstacles up ahead! With fall fast approaching avoiding purchases will be the ultimate struggle. Did I mention Fall is my favourite season for weather, makeup and fashion. God help me! If you follow me on my YouTube channel you will also know I have just begun a Project 10 Pan so feel free to SUBSCRIBE and follow me on there as well.  You will also probably have gathered from there that I have enough backups and products to likely get me through a Zombie Apocalypse. If the internet beauty community was on Walking Dead we would all look fabulous because we have too much darn stuff. Meanwhile the “Normal” people would be without even a stitch on mascara. But I am going off on a tangent---Back to #NoBuySeptember

Each week I will update you all with my weekly cravings, struggles and of course savings! As I am writing this…I have decided to begin this a tad early …a test run… if you will before the big SHA-BANG...just because I am crazy like that. So on that note let us get into it right away!

Time Period: NOW!

Cravings:
Red Apple Lipstick in Paris, Hibiskiss, Fierce ($23.50 each or buy two get one half off)
Red Apple Lipliner in Roseberry, Almost Red and Blush. ($22.90 each) Add a Ralley Balm and exfoliate stick for 15$ ?...Umm Yes!

Savings:
 144.45 $ (Including 12$ Shipping)

If you're planning on doing #NoBuySeptember or if you have any tips for staying strong, be sure to share in the comments!

Thanks for reading,


4 comments:

  1. I did #NoBuyJanuary at the beginning of the year and it ended up being a lot easier than I expected. I think the entire experience also minimized my spending the rest of this year too as I've stayed more focused on using things I already have:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the same happens for me! The first bit has been quite easy (surprisingly). I haven't purchased anything since August 7th! I am excited to reduce my spending having too much stuff can be stressful finding places to put it all and worrying about using it up before it goes bad. Do you have a blog or video on your No Buy January? If so let me know I'd love to read your blog posts for motivation! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your #NoBuySeptember! Like Caitie, I did the #NoBuyJanuary too, and currently some green beauty bloggers are doing the #Beautychallenge10, where you're not allowed to buy anything new until you finish up 10 products (sample sachets not counted). It's been a great "movement" to do so - not only it helps your wallet, but also a good time to shop your own stash and re-discover some old loves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ru! I am hoping to keep this up I haven't bought anything since August 7th so far! The #Beautychallenge10 sounds fun. Are you doing the challenge too? If so I'll have to check out your blog post on your beauty challenge 10 as motivation. :)

      Delete