Pages

Thursday 21 August 2014

The Body Reset Diet

A month or two ago I heard about the Body Reset Diet through my boyfriends mother. She had made me the apple pie smoothie one morning from the book for breakfast and it was delicious. More recently I have gained weight from going on a gluten free diet due to Celiac's and I'm now looking to lose some weight. Did I mention that it is hilarious that there are trend  following hipsters out there that think they WILL 100%  lose weight by going gluten free?...Well they may be sorrily mistaken as lots of gluten free foods(gf pasta's, cookies, breads etc) actually have a higher caloric intake and less nutrients than their gluten containing counterparts. Anyways,  enough of me being bitter about the whole Celiac restrictive diet  thing. BACK TO THE DIET....In an effort to lose weight I will be beginning this diet on Saturday August 23rd 2014. This diet  consists of 3 phases, each lasting 5 days. The final phase is how you should be eating the rest of your life. Pasternak *as part of the diet plan) requires you to take 10,000 steps a day. I will be doing updates after each stage to remark on the diets effectiveness and how easy the diet is to stick to each week. I will keep a daily food(smoothie) journal, step and weight journal.  I will also remark on the smoothies I try. So far I recommend the Apple Pie smoothie which I made twice this week already.Weight each day will be collected first thing each morning.

PHASE I

Starting this Saturday I will be beginning Phase I of the diet . During Phase I you are allowed 3 smoothies a day and two crunchy snacks. Each day you are to eat a Red, Green and White smoothie. The smoothies are high in protein and contain all the nutrients your body needs to feel full during the kickstart phase according to Pasternak.


STATS:


Goals: Lose 5-7 lbs to get back close to my university weight which ranged from 138-140lbs
Anticipated Start Date: August 23rd 2014
Height: 5'10 1/4
Starting Weight: 143lbs
Current Weight: 143lbs

Starting BMI: 20.5
Current BMI:  20.5
Total Weight Lost: 0


As I progress through the weeks I will link the other blog posts below:

PHASE I
PHASE 2
PHASE 3

Let me know if you would try this diet in the comments below.:)

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment